By Foodism Team
There is a famous saying - “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own”. And we could not resonate more with this beautiful quote.
Valentine’s day is all about expressing your love and when your love language is cooking and feeding, you become pretty much unstoppable! A homemade treat for your loved one is not only the best Valentine’s day gift but also the quickest way to win their heart. So whether you are new to cooking or you love to cook, these quick and easy Valentine’s day recipes from our collection of best Indian food blogs will save the day for you! Let’s begin-
Doughnuts are a huge people-pleaser. They have the perfect texture and can be filled with different fillings to make them even tastier. This recipe is an easy 15-minute doughnut recipe which will win your lover’s heart!
- 175 g flour/maida
- A pinch of baking powder
- 120 ml buttermilk (90 ml milk:30 ml lemon juice)
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 40 g melted butter
- Oil for frying
- Castor sugar - one cup
- Sift and whisk the dry - maida, sugar and baking powder together.
- In a bowl mix buttermilk and butter and then pour it over the dry mixture.
- Form a dough but don’t overwork the dough.
- Roll small doughnut balls and put them on parchment paper
- Let the balls rest for 15 to 20 minutes
- Heat the oil upto 150-degree celsius and now fry the doughnut balls until golden brown.
- Coat each ball lightly with castor sugar and serve!
Choco Moon Pie
Refreshing old memories together on Valentine’s day with a delicious chocolate-coated moon pie is what we would want to do with our loved ones. Let’s get the recipe -
- 100 g sugar
- 80 ml buttermilk
- 60 ml Vegetable oil
- 1 Egg
- 120 g Plain flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- A pinch of baking soda
- Vanilla essence
- Marshmallow cubes
- Melted chocolate
- 2 tbsp oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and oil together.
- Add vanilla and buttermilk and whisk.
- Put in the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Grease a square baking pan and put in the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes and let it cool
How to melt chocolate -
- Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and microwave for 30-second intervals, stirring in between until completely melted
- Stir in the vegetable oil
Assemble the pie-
- Cut the sponge into circles with a stencil and then add one marshmallow between 2 circles.
- Microwave it for 10 to 20 seconds to melt the marshmallow and then let it cool.
- Put one marshmallow pie on a fork and put it in the chocolate bowl and tap it on the corner to remove extra chocolate.
Place it on butter paper and let it dry. Repeat the process with other marshmallow pies.
- You can also top this with your choice of sprinkles!
Choco Lava Cake
If your partner is a chocolate lover, there is nothing better than a homemade hot choco lava cake!
- 50 g flour/maida
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 70 g sugar
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Vanilla essence
- 100 g semi-sweet chocolate
- Sift all your dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients together.
- Add vanilla essence and lemon juice and mix.
- Mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients together until smooth
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Grease cupcake moulds and pour the batter into the moulds.
- Place one block of chocolate inside each cupcake mould.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes and let it sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip the cupcake mould to get the cake out.
- Serve with ice cream!
These recipes are guaranteed to impress your partner. You can find more delectable recipes on Foodism’s top Indian food blog. From fusion recipes to desi jalebi recipes, find what your loved ones like and make it at home!